The humble Frozen Yogurt Machine is at the heart of any frozen yogurt shop. However, there are plenty of other places froyo is popping up. Read on to discover just where you might find this delicious dessert offering next.
- Hotels. There are several different ways hotels and the hospitality industry can utilize frozen yogurt. Adding froyo to the menu can drive traffic to a property’s food service concept and increase revenue. Frozen yogurt is also a fantastic, standout perk as a complementary offering in the lobby or poolside during the summer. Froyo can also be an outstanding employee perk and morale booster as a fixture in the break room or employee cafeteria.
- Venues. Bowling alleys, amusement parks, movie theaters and other entertainment venues are adding frozen yogurt to their foodservice concepts. Frozen yogurt machines take up very little space but generate big revenue while offering customers a wide variety of flavors. Modern equipment is designed to last and is easy to operate.
- School campuses. From elementary school to college, froyo is popping up as a healthy alternative for students of all ages. Research has shown millennials tend to snack more than older generations and that millennials are more concerned with food quality. As one of the healthiest desserts with low-fat, non-fat and no sugar added options, frozen yogurt is an ideal choice. Froyo is also a great option for school campuses due to low maintenance, easy-to-use machines.
- Convenience stores. Hybrid and electric cars are great for the planet, but terrible for gas stations and their convenience store counterparts. With profits down at the pump, convenience stores are looking for a way to boost revenue. Having a profit margin of 80 percent, froyo is the perfect solution. In fact, in the past two years the popularity of frozen yogurt has increased by a whopping 74 percent. Frozen yogurt machines are easy to incorporate and can even be branded to match the convenience store.
- Restaurants. Everyone from fast food to full service restaurants has been keeping customers coming back by adding frozen yogurt to the menu. Custom toppings and flavors can be created to give the dessert a unique flair that’s a perfect complement to the existing menu selections.
Of course, you can still find frozen yogurt at a specialty shop, whether it’s a major franchise or a locally-owned shop. With summer around the corner, you’ll be sure to find froyo wherever you go.